- About OLA
- OLA Units
Joyce Petrie Scholarship Program
A scholarship of $800 in honor of Joyce Petrie is being offered by OASL to undergraduate students working toward an educational media endorsement, individuals studying at the graduate level in the fields of educational media/instructional technology, or paraprofessionals working toward library assistant certification.
Applicants must be Oregon residents or submit proof of employment in Oregon for the school year 2016-2017.
Recipients must be members of OLA/OASL. Selections are based on the following:
1. The Award will be based upon applicants' potential for professional contribution in the field of educational media/instructional technology.
(Applicants are asked to provide a written statement of 300 words or less describing their professional goals.)
2. Applicants must be Oregon residents or submit proof of employment in Oregon for the school year 2016-2017.
3. Applicants must include experience related to the field of educational media, communications or technology, such as employment, field experience, course work, service to the field through OASL activities, and membership in other professional organizations, etc.
4. Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the candidate's professional qualifications and leadership potential must be submitted with the application.
5. A copy of the transcript for work completed is required at the conclusion of the term.
6. The scholarship recipient must submit a digital photo of themselves upon notification of the award.
If you wish to receive verification of receipt of your application materials by OASL, please include a SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED POSTCARD with your completed application form.
Deadline for submission of all application forms and letters of recommendations is May 15, 2016.
Requests for application forms may be made by email to
All forms and letters should be sent to:
or in writing to Amy Richards at the address below.
3722 Eleanor Court
Lake Oswego, OR 97035