2013 - 2014 Scholarship Program
A scholarship of $800 in honor of Joyce Petrie is being offered by OASL to undergraduate students working toward an educational media endorsement or individuals studying at the graduate level in the fields of educational media/instructional technology.
An additional scholarship for $2000 in memory of Norma Zabel will be offered to qualified graduate students. The scholarship grants may be used to assist the recipients to further their education in a summer session or academic year of study at any accredited college or university. All recipients will be selected by the OASL Scholarship Committee. Scholarship money must be used between July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015.
Applicants must be Oregon residents or submit proof of employment in Oregon for the school year 2014-2015.
Recipients must be members of OLA/OASL. Selections are based on the following:
1. Awards will be based upon applicants' potential for professional contribution in the field of educational media/instructional technology.
(Applicants are asked to provide a written statement of 300 words or less describing their professional goals.)
2. Applicants must be Oregon residents or submit proof of employment in Oregon for the school year 2014-2015.
3. Applicants must include experience related to the field of educational media, communications or technology, such as employment, field experience, course work, service to the field through OASL activities, and membership in other professional organizations, etc.
4. Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the candidate's professional qualifications and leadership potential must be submitted with the application.
5. A copy of the transcript for work completed is required at the conclusion of the term.
6. The scholarship recipients must submit a digital photo of themselves upon notification of the award.
If you wish to receive verification of receipt of your application materials by OASL, please include a SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED POSTCARD with your completed application form.
Deadline for submission of all application forms and letters of recommendations is May 15, 2014.
Requests for application forms may be made by email to
All forms and letters should be sent to:
3722 Eleanor Court
Lake Oswego, OR 97035