OASL Listserv Information
OASL sponsors a mailing list to promote professional growth, discuss library media issues and strengthen communication among members. Participation in the OASL mailing list is a benefit of membership in the Oregon Association of School Libraries.
All OASL members are automatically subscribed to the listserv.
SENDING A MESSAGE TO THE LISTSERV:
*Please follow OASL Listserv Netiquette when posting. Netiquette rules are listed below.
OASL LISTSERV NETIQUETTE :
1. Use informative subject headers. Be specific, be precise, avoid vague headers. If your post is aimed at a specific age group, such as ELEM, MIDDLE or HIGH, please indicate that at the beginning of your subject line. For example, ELEM : Booktalks.
2. Keep messages brief, to the point, and meaningful.
3. Avoid using ALL CAPS. This is the email equivalent of SHOUTING.
4. Sign messages with your full name, school or business name, location, and email address.
5. "Reply to" will automatically go to the original sender, so there is no need to restate the original post. If you feel your reply is relevant to the entire listserv, you will need to also address your reply to the listserv posting address at oasl-all@(at)ola.memberclicks.net .
6. When appropriate, send a summary of your replies in an email to the listserv to share the wisdom garnered from the group. Listserv members will not be able to see the replies sent just to you unless you send them out.
7. Include all information within the email message if possible. Please avoid sending large attachments for these reasons:
8. Vendor members are welcomed on the OASL listserv and are free to contact individual members off-list when issues of interest are raised (i.e., "Our school is looking for a product...") Vendor members should feel free to engage in discussions, but must refrain from promoting their own products or making negative comments about a competitor's products via the listserv. A vendor's signature line should only include first and last name so that sending any information out will not be construed as a defacto advertisement for the vendor's company. Other types of promotion, such as "free trial" information or a "see our Webpage" in a signature file are also prohibited. Commercial messages are not allowed and violators will be dropped from the listserv immediately.
9. Any Members who are uncertain if their post would be appropriate for this listserv should contact the listserv manager or, if unavailable, another OASL Board member.
Questions or concerns about the OASL mailing list to be addressed to
For more information or assistance, please contact: