The Oregon Library Association has had a long and illustrious history. some of that history, from our beginnings in 1940 up to 1990, was documented and bound into a volume called A Journey Through Time.
Our history since 1990 is documented annually by the president of OLA for that year. Each year is linked and noted below. For a list of presidents from 1940, see OLA QUARTERLY, vol.2 issue 3, page 21. To help OLA stay current on the events that make OLA history, we request that each future president submit a summary of their year using the linked template. Please do your part to keep OLA archives active and accurate!
Click on president's name for more info about ola during that year.
- 1989-90: Michael Gaston, Siuslaw Public Library (see page 29 of A Journey Through Time)
- 1990-91: Jim Scheppke, Oregon State Library
- 1991-92: Maureen Sloan, Oregon Graduate Institute
- 1992-93: Deborah Jacobs, Corvallis Public Library
- 1993-94: Patrick Grace, Oregon State University(Resigned in April, replaced by Pres-Elect Anne Billeter)
- 1994-95: Anne Billeter, Jackson County Library
- 1995-96: Deborah Carver, University of Oregon
- 1996-97: Ed House, Albany Public Library
- 1997-98: Gary Jensen, Western Oregon University
- 1998-99: Sara Charlton, Tillamook County Library
- 1999-2000: Terry Ann Rohe, Portland State University
- 2000-01: Anne Van Sickle, Mcminnville Public Library
- 2001-02: Janet Webster, Oregon State University
- 2002-03: Connie Bennett, Eugene Public Library
- 2003-04: Faye Chadwell, University of Oregon
- 2004-05: Maureen Cole, Northwest Christian College
- 2005-06: Leah Griffith, Newberg Public Library
- 2006-07: Aletha Bonebrake, Baker County Library District
- 2007-08: Sarah Beasley, Portland State University
- 2008-09: Mary Ginnane, Eugene Public Library
- 2009-10: Connie Anderson-Cohoon, Southern Oregon University Library
- 2010-11: Robert Everett, Springfield Public Library
- 2011-12: Abigail Elder, Tualatin Public Library
Attention OLA Presidents
Please use the Template for Past President information to submit information regarding your year as president. Thank you!