OLA Quarterly (ISSN 1093-7374)
OLA's quarterly journal is indexed in Library Literature & Information Science and Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts.
Fall 2013 issue Community Happens available now!
The OLA Quarterly is seeking your input for our Winter 2013 issue!
Our Winter 2013 theme is: Diversity & Outreach
It has been almost a decade since the OLA Quarterly devoted a discussion just to the topics of diversity and outreach. As one colleague recently reminded me, "This is a topic that can't be revisited too often." Diversity and outreach are fundamental to our profession in pursuing the freedom to read and access to all. Libraries are constantly striving to build bridges across geographical, physical, communication, economical, learning, and other gaps.
In the last ten years, efforts have no doubt been influenced by the reach of technology, particularly with software and social media. Patron needs and preferences are changing too. How is your collection reflecting a shift among patrons in terms of diversity? What makes a good outreach program successful? How are we measuring the impact of our efforts to accommodate diverse needs and reach the underserved? Share your thoughts in our winter issue by submitting an article.
Please contact OLA Quarterly Coordinator Sara Kelso at email@example.com with any questions.
We will be accepting submissions for the Winter issue until the end of December.
Instructions for Authors
Instructions for Guest Editors
Any questions please contact: Sara Kelso, OLA Quarterly Editor.
OLA Quarterly Archive
- 16.4 Winter 2010 (pdf) | Doing More with Less: Creative Strategies in the New Economy | Tricia Juettemeyer
- 16.3 Fall 2010 (pdf) | Open Libraries: More than Just Open Books or Open Doors | Matthew "Buzzy" Nielsen
- 16.2 Summer 2010 (pdf) | Revitalizing Reference | Connie Anderson-Cohoon
- 16.1 Spring 2010 (pdf) | Print is Dead! Long Live Print! | Judith Norton
- 15.4 Winter 2009 (pdf) | Across the Great Divide | Ruth Murray and Bob Schroeder
- 15.3 Fall 2009 (pdf) | Oregon's 150th: Libraries Then and Now | Lynne Mildenstein and Elizabeth Nielsen
- 15.2 Summer 2009 (pdf) | Oregon Reads: One State, Many Stories | Mary Ginnane
- 15.1 Spring 2009 (pdf) | Library Catalogs and Other Discovery Tools (complete online version) | Laura Zeigen and Janet Crum
- 14.4 Winter 2008 (pdf) | Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Response | Shawna Gandy, Kris Kern, Judith Norton, and Alex Toth
- 14.3 Fall 2008 (pdf) | Professional Development | Stephanie Miller and Abigail Elder
- 14.2 Summer 2008 (pdf) | President's Conference Issue | Sarah Beasley
- 14.1 Spring 2008 (pdf) | Lively Librarians Loose in the Limelight: Libraries in Popular Media | Maureen Cole
- 13.4 Winter 2007 (pdf) | Going Green: Libraries and Sustainability | Diane Sotak
- 13.3 Fall 2007 (pdf) | Rural Libraries: The Strength of Community | Ruth Vondracek and Valery King
- 13.2 Summer 2007 (pdf) | Finding Community: Civics, Cyberspace and Change | Aletha Bonebrake
- 13.1 Spring 2007 (pdf) | New Voices/New Views: The Next Wave of Librarians | Anne-Marie Deitering and Janet Webster
- 8.4 Winter 2002 (pdf) | Librarians in the Crisis: 9/11 One Year Later | Anna Grzeszkiewicz
- 8.3 Fall 2002 (pdf) | Children's Cognitive Development | Dan R. White
- 8.2 Summer 2002 (pdf) | Research You Can Use | Victoria S. Mitchell
- 8.1 Spring 2002 (pdf) | The Enduring Value of Libraries | Connie J. Bennett
- 4.4 Winter 1999 (pdf) | Oregon Library Partnerships | Lynn Chmelir | Note: pdf incorrectly indicates this is issue 5.1.
- 4.3 Fall 1998 (pdf) | Reference Services: Change and Constancy | Loretta Rielly and Arden Shelton
- 4.2 Summer 1998 (pdf) | Government Information: Past, Present and Future | Ted. D. Smith and Arlene Weible
- 4.1 Spring 1998 (pdf) | Public Involvement Means Public Support | Sara Charlton
- 3.4 Winter 1997 (pdf) | Sex in the Library: Internet Access Issues in Oregon | Carolyn Peake
- 3.3 Fall 1997 (pdf) | Library and Continuing Education Opportunities in Oregon | Gary Jensen and Kim Wolfe
- 3.2 Summer 1997 (pdf) | Preservation and Special Collections | Jey Wann and Bernie McTigue
- 3.1 Spring 1997 (pdf) | Library Support Staff | Katherine Stevens and Maresa L. Kirk
- 1.4 Winter 1996 (pdf) | Intellectual Freedom | Carole Dickerson and Larry R. Oberg
- 1.3 Fall 1995 (pdf) | Youth | Ellen Fader and Curtis Kiefer
- 1.2 Summer 1995 (pdf) | Academia | Teresa Montgomery and Susan Barnes Whyte
- 1.1 Spring 1995 (pdf) | Technology | Denise Thompson and Michael Gaston