Welcome! We are glad you are interested in joining our organization. OASL is now a division of OLA. When you renew or join OASL, you will be joining as an OLA member. This means that you will be directed to the OLA membership form.
Be sure to choose Oregon Association of School Libraries from the list of OLA units and affiliates on the form. There is no additional cost, and the affiliation is what subscribes you to the OASL listserv.
Join or renew your membership
Membership benefits | Annual dues
OASL provides progressive leadership to pursue excellence in school library media programs by:
- advocating information literacy for all students
- supporting the highest levels of library media services in schools
- strengthening member professionalism through communications and educational opportunities
- promoting visibility in education, government and the community
OASL is led by an Executive Committee, a Board of Directors, and many active committees, all of which involve library media and technology professionals from throughout the state. The Board of Directors and standing committees change yearly to involve new people.
- Professional ideas and news of the organization through our journal and newsletters
- Automatic subscription to the OASL listserv to ask questions and share ideas with other school library staff like yourself
- A voice in educational media and technology development in Oregon
- Reduced registration rates at our highly-regarded Fall Conference, which offers sessions on all aspects of the profession
- Eligibility for our Library Teacher and Paraprofessional of the Year Awards
- Regional conferences with member-planned activities in the spring
- Benefits of membership in an organization recognized by educational and political leaders
- Representation and voice in the affairs of the American Association of School Librarians
- Opportunity to apply for annual scholarships supporting continuing education in educational library media
- Voting privileges in OASL to determine policy and leadership
- Support from legislation and intellectual freedom networks
- Opportunity to meet school library media specialists, technology specialists, and other educators from throughout the state and share ideas
If you have questions about OASL membership or need help with your username and password, please contact Susan Stone, OASL Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the membership form or payment, please contact Shirley Roberts, OLA Association Manager at email@example.com.